Sandy Hill Preschool
Choosing Time: the child chooses activities from the Art Area, Social Area, Block Area, Dramatic Play area, Quiet Area.
Snack Time: children enjoy a snack with their friends at preschool. Snacks are provided by the preschool.
Large Muscle Time: children participate in group activities that use the larger muscles in the arms and legs.
Circle Time: Teacher and children share stories, songs and finger plays.
Sandy Hill Preschool has many activities that take place during the year.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Visits by the teachers before the school year begins
- Children carry buckets for their papers/crafts instead of backpacks
- Field Trips to Apple Orchards, Firehouse, Kindergarten Field Trip, Springton Manor Farm, Horse Farms, Library, Kitchen Kettle
- Birthday Party for Jesus (parents are encouraged to attend with their child)
- Celebration of the Child's Birthday (or Pretend Birthday if it falls in the summer) and special gift for the child from the teacher
- Family Pizza Nights
- Family Nights for the children to show off the songs/fingerplays that they have learned in their classes
- Pajama Day for the 4-year olds
- Bring your pet to school for the 5-year olds
- Restaurant Days for the 5-year olds
- Lots of playtime outside on the playground
Some activities that have become yearly customs are: the home visitation by staff before each school year, Open House in September, Family Night and the End of the Year Picnics. These all contribute to the warm and friendly atmosphere of Sandy Hill Preschool.
• Developmentally Appropriate Program
• Parent Involvement
• Field Trips
• Family Get Togethers
• Individual and Class Pictures
• Handicap Accessible