Choosing Time: the child chooses activities from the Art Area, Social Area, Block Area, Dramatic Play area, Quiet Area.
Snack Time: children enjoy a snack with their friends at preschool. Snacks are provided by the preschool.
Large Muscle Time: children participate in group activities that use the larger muscles in the arms and legs.
Circle Time: Teacher and children share stories, songs and finger plays.
Sandy Hill Preschool has many activities that take place during the year.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Visits by the teachers before the school year begins
- Children carry buckets for their papers/crafts instead of backpacks
- Field Trips to Apple Orchards, Firehouse, Springton Manor Farm, Horse Farms, Library, Kitchen Kettle
- Birthday Party for Jesus (parents are encouraged to attend with their child)
- Celebration of the Child's Birthday (or Pretend Birthday if it falls in the summer) and special gift for the child from the teacher
- Family Pizza Nights
- Family Nights for the children to show off the songs/fingerplays that they have learned in their classes
- Pajama Day for the 4-year olds
- Bring your pet to school for the 5-year olds
- Restaurant Days for the 5-year olds
- Lots of playtime outside on the playground
Some activities that have become yearly customs are: the home visitation by staff before each school year, Orientation in September, Family Night, 5K Run/Walk and the End of the Year Pizza Parties. These all contribute to the warm and friendly atmosphere of Sandy Hill Preschool.
• Developmentally Appropriate Program
• Parent Involvement
• Field Trips
• Family Get Togethers
• Individual and Class Pictures
• Handicap Accessible